Classic Vegetable Salad
This fresh and flavourful classic vegetable salad is packed with nutrition and is easy to toss it together.
- 20 g sweet corn
- 5 g green peas
- 10 g carrot finely diced
- 5 g capsicum finely diced
- 5 g red onion finely diced
- 20 g boiled chickpeas take care not to overcook
- 10 g boiled sprouts take care not to overcook. you can steam intead of boiling
- 10 g raw chickpeas washed and soaked till they are plump and soft.
- 10 g raw sprouts
- 20 g paneer/ cottage cheese diced
- 20 g feta cheese diced;you may use any other cheese of your choice
- 10 ml olive oil extra virgin
- 2 pinch black pepper
- 2 pinch salt
Heat 5ml oil in a pan and add all the vegetables except raw chickpeas and the raw sprouts.
Saute the mix over high flame for 30 seconds to a minute
Sprinkle salt and pepper, mix well and remove from the heat.
Add the remaining 5ml oil and give it a good mix
Prepare in advance
Soak the raw chickpeas overnight.
Prepare moong/mung bean sprouts a few days in advance
You may boil the chickpeas in advance or use canned chickpeas.