These bananas and oats pancakes make a healthy and delectable choice for breakfast or snacks. You can prep and cook these beauties in just 10minutes.Jump to Recipe
Pancakes, these mouthful delights are present in almost all cuisines albeit known by different names and in different flavours. Our traditional Assamese pancakes are made of rice flour and sweetened with jaggery, called ghila pitha. Then we also have the usual one made with plain flour and eggs. And we cherished and devoured both with equal delight.
I remember my mum once got this recipe of a South Indian(Kerala) sweet made of rice flour and banana called unniyappam. She even got herself the special kadai or pan used particularly to fry these sweets, all the way from Kerala. This was a record in itself back then when there weren’t any online shops or travel wasn’t that common within India. And we loved not only to eat but to make them along with our mum. My easy banana and oats pancakes somehow remind me of those little relishes.
When you want a sweet breakfast bit different from the usual, but you neither have the time nor patience, this easy banana and oats pancake recipe will come in handy. It is gluten-free and you can make it dairy-free by substituting it with any plant-based milk such as oat milk, almond or soy milk. It is so quick to prep, you just have to chuck all the ingredients and blitz it for a few seconds in your blender.
Ingredients for Easy Banana and Oats Pancake
Banana: Use ripe bananas lying unloved in your fruit bowl. Do not throw away the one which is nearly going mushy! They are the best ones for these pancakes.
Eggs: For this recipe, I’ve used one large egg kept at room temperature.
Milk: You can choose whole milk, if you like, for the kids. I’ve used semi-skimmed milk for this recipe purely as I ran out of whole milk. It is always whole milk for the son. You may also substitute it with any plant-based milk.
Baking powder: To give these pancakes a soft, plump texture and not stodgy.
Flavouring: You can use your favourite spice to flavour it. I’ve used cinnamon, you can also use nutmeg or even vanilla! Go freestyle with flavours that go well with sweet pancakes!
Honey: I have used runny honey, you can substitute it with maple syrup too. Honey is known to have many health benefits but it is high in calories. So use just enough!
Without further ado, here’s the recipe for my easy banana and oats pancakes.
Easy Banana and Oats Pancakes
- Pancake Pan or Frying Pan
- Spatula or Spoon
- 1 banana ripe
- 3 tbsp rolled oats
- 1 whole egg both yolk and white
- ½ cup semi-skimmed milk
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp cardamom powder you may use cinnamon or nutmeg powder.
- pinch salt
- 1 tbsp honey
- cooking oil spray
Choice of Toppings
- Strawberry Conserve, or Honey, or Nutella and
- Berries or fruits.
- Maple syrup or chocolate syrup or strawberry syrup
- Add all the ingredients in list above into a blender, except oil. Blend on high speed for few seconds till it becomes a smooth batter. The batter should be of pouring consistency anf not too thick or runny.
- Heat a pancake pan or frying pan on medium low. Spray with cooking oil
- Now pour about 3 tbsps of the batter for each pancake, Cook for 3minutes or until you see bubbles on top and the bottom turns nice golden brown.
- Carefully flip each pancake and cook for another 2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Once done, carefully remove onto a plate and repeat the process for the next round until you've used up all the batter.
- Serve warm with strawberry preserve or drizzled honey or nutella. Throw in berries or your favorite fruit for added flavour.
Pin me for later
If you’ve tried this recipe, do not forget to like us & leave a comment below and let us know how you liked it. Tag us on your photos @oh_lifes_beautiful on Instagram. Follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.