My easy anti-inflammatory green smoothie is a quick four-ingredient smoothie. You can whizz it up in no time. This also makes a great refreshing drink for the summer. The ingredients give this drink its green colour.Jump to Recipe
Smoothies are a great way to get all the goodness of fruits and vegetables without the extra effort. Even a hardcore vegetable hater will be able to gulp it down! Unlike juices, smoothies are made by blending fruits and vegetables and not by pressing. This means that smoothies retain the fibre and other nutrients present in the pulp and skin of fruits and vegetables.
Ingredients you will need
This is one of the simplest ingredient list that you’ll ever come across! To get the best out of this green smoothie choose fresh ingredients.
- Cucumber: Use fresh and firm cucumber with skin and all. Cucumbers are high in nutrients, the seeds and peel of cucumber are the most nutrient-dense. Cut chunky dices, minimum effort maximum gain. Amongst many other health benefits, cucumbers also have anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Kiwi: These cute, fuzzy fruits pack a lot of flavour and health benefits. Kiwis are rich in vitamin C, vitamin E, potassium and fibre. They help in digestion, have antioxidant, anti-inflammatory properties, and boosts the immune system. Although the skin is edible, I prefer to peel kiwis.
- Coconut water: I use chilled, pure coconut water. Look for the ones without additives or sugar. Coconut water is refreshing as it is but adding it to this smoothie will enhance its nutritive value. Coconut water is rich in potassium, is antioxidant and low in calories.
- Honey: Honey is optional, you may skip it altogether. However, besides adding a bit of sweetness, honey is a good source of antioxidants. It has antibacterial and anti-fungal properties, helps in digestive problems and soothes sore throats.
How to make this Easy Green Smoothie
Well, it cannot get easier than this! Just add all the ingredients into your blender, whizz it for few seconds and voila your healthy green smoothie is ready to drink up.Print Recipe
Green Smoothie with Kiwi & Cucumber
- ½ cucumber diced
- 1 kiwi peeled and diced
- 300 ml coconut water
- 1 tbsp honey
- 3 ice cubes
- Tip in all ingredients into the blender.
- Whizz it for about 10-20 seconds or until you see a smooth liquid without chunky vege or fruit.
- Pour it into a glass and enjoy.
- Once the smoothie is ready, strain the liquid it through a seive into a glass.
- Top it up with more coconut water if needed and enjoy!
If you’ve tried this recipe, do not forget to leave a comment below and let us know how you liked it. Tag us on your photos @oh_lifes_beautiful on instagram. Follow us on instagram, facebook, twitter and pinterest.